Provide consistent Back button behavior
|Status:||In Progress||Start date:||06/13/2012|
|Assignee:||Android Dashboard Developers||% Done:|
|Target version:||2.5 Maintenance|
There is currently different implementations in the app as to when something is saved, and how the back button behaves. This should be consistent.
- Back only saves state, does not save to db or anything like that
- Provide Save button to explicitly save to db
- Provide "Reset" button that will remove state saved by back.
(specifically, if you start to edit e.g. a channel, then hits back or home. the next time you edit this channel, you will see your previous changes that has not yet been applied. You will need a way to "get back to start" for this channelQuestions:
- How to deal with editing a different channel. Each channel will need a state then?
- How to visually see that the entered values are not implemented if you "return" to the activity. (started editing something, answered a call, then hit the FrSky notification)
#1 Updated by Hans Cappelle almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Android Dashboard Developers
As from rev r455 the behaviour for Channels Config activity was aligned with behaviour of Models Config Activity. This means that no more save button is available and the db is updated on pause of the activity.
Whatever the final solution will be I agree both Model and Channel (and maybe alarms in the future?) have to align, hence this update.
#3 Updated by Espen Solbu almost 6 years ago
I think we should leave them hidden for now, as i think the default behavior should be not to save onPause, but rather only on Save button click. We need to figurat out how to sort this though. Probably easiest is to prevent editing channels for a model until it has been saved...