Bug #329

Dashboard crashes

Added by Thorsten Klein over 6 years ago. Updated over 6 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:02/06/2012
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:-Spent time:-
Target version:1.1.1

Description

Hi there,
currently i ´ve following issue:
Connecting BT and reading AD1 AD2 Values and RSSI runs propper.
When i select "module settings" the software crashes and frsky dashboard is shutting down.
Without BT connection it´s possible to go to "Module settings" and changing values in the soft, of course without sending to module.
Any Idea?

KR
Thorsten

History

#1 Updated by Espen Solbu over 6 years ago

  • Target version set to 1.1.1

#2 Updated by Thorsten Klein over 6 years ago

Version 1.1.1 from Market

- Only happned when live connection is established. Without BT connection i can click module settings and page opens.
- Happend every time when live BT connection is established.
- crashes happen immedeatly hen i try to enter modul settings
- since first testing it never worked to update settings via phone
- tried on HTC wildfire 2.2, HTC Desire 2.3.6, and Samsung Galaxy S2

Thorsten Klein wrote:

Hi there,
currently i ´ve following issue:
Connecting BT and reading AD1 AD2 Values and RSSI runs propper.
When i select "module settings" the software crashes and frsky dashboard is shutting down.
Without BT connection it´s possible to go to "Module settings" and changing values in the soft, of course without sending to module.
Any Idea?

KR
Thorsten

#3 Updated by Espen Solbu over 6 years ago

This is strange. I just wiped, then tested on my Desire (installing from Market), and it works here (makes it harder to debug).
Any chance you can extract the LogCat file? (might need the SDK for that... (running "adb logcat -d > logfile.txt" from a commandprompt while connected to the phone with usb..)

One more question, when not connected to the bluetooth, does the module page show the correct units and scaling from your AD1..AD2 setup?

One thing i am suspecting is the Bluetooth module.
Are you sure that two way communication works over it? not only one way? Have you tested it with any of the windows alarm configuration programs (running over Bluetooth serial port?) (e.g. http://frsky-rc.com/uploadfile/201103/20110328091659684.zip)

When connected to bluetooth, but Rx not turned on, how many of the "status lights" in the app is green?

Regards
Espen

#4 Updated by Espen Solbu over 6 years ago

I have added an early version of 2.0 in the files section. You could try that to see if that works to set the alarms, or if it still causes the problem.

Note! the "Get alarms from module" does not seem to work yet, and causes crashes..

http://projects.onomato.biz/attachments/download/131/Frsky-Dashboard_2_0A01.apk

#5 Updated by Thorsten Klein over 6 years ago

Espen Solbu wrote:

This is strange. I just wiped, then tested on my Desire (installing from Market), and it works here (makes it harder to debug).
Any chance you can extract the LogCat file? (might need the SDK for that... (running "adb logcat -d > logfile.txt" from a commandprompt while connected to the phone with usb..) -

Answer: Will try it on weekend

One more question, when not connected to the bluetooth, does the module page show the correct units and scaling from your AD1..AD2 setup?

Answer: YES

One thing i am suspecting is the Bluetooth module.
Are you sure that two way communication works over it? not only one way? Have you tested it with any of the windows alarm configuration programs (running over Bluetooth serial port?) (e.g. http://frsky-rc.com/uploadfile/201103/20110328091659684.zip)

Answer: must be two way. Works with Fsky Dashboard 2.0

When connected to bluetooth, but Rx not turned on, how many of the "status lights" in the app is green?

Answer: 2 ( BT UP and TX up)

Regards
Espen

#6 Updated by Thorsten Klein over 6 years ago

Espen Solbu wrote:

I have added an early version of 2.0 in the files section. You could try that to see if that works to set the alarms, or if it still causes the problem.

Note! the "Get alarms from module" does not seem to work yet, and causes crashes..

http://projects.onomato.biz/attachments/download/131/Frsky-Dashboard_2_0A01.apk

First test done this morning:
- BT connection works
- Able to send Frsky Alarms to Module
- Module gave beeps as selected and sent

Next steps for testing:
- Ad channels to model
- Try different models

KR
Thorsten
-

#7 Updated by Espen Solbu over 6 years ago

As long as it works with the v2.0 alpha, i am hesitant to investigate further into the bug in v1.1.1. As 2.0 should be pushed to market in not too long.

It is very good that you have started testing of v2.0. Please use the New issue function here to add bugs, attach them to version 2.0.

Also make sure that you check the Issues->Open Bugs before submitting a new bug.

Espen

#8 Updated by Espen Solbu over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

Never found the issue, however since it is working in v2.0 and does not apply to everyone running 1.1.1 I am closing it for now.

Also available in: Atom PDF